A Quick Update
Ok folks, it’s been a while. Almost 2 weeks since I last blogged at length. Since returning from Portland life has been more than a little crazy, and it doesn’t show any sign of slowing down in the coming weeks. I’ve missed a Weekly Rewind, it had to happen eventually but number 33 was the one to get away. Technically that’s not accurate as I will number the next one 33, I’m not skipping a number but I’ve missed a week anyway. It seemed a bit pointless trying to do it now, 5 days late. So because I’m so pressed for time I’m going to use bullet points to get the information in. Are you ready? Go for you guns…
In no precise order, I have been:
- Recording, producing and releasing Linux Outlaws and Rathole Radio as normal.
- Writing an article on the proposed UK 3 strikes law for a Manchester paper. More on that when it’s released.
- Attending Liverpool LUG last night. Remember people, LivLUG and prosper!!!
- Organising OggCamp. The PA is sorted, car hire too. I also ordered a load of mugs for the event. It’s gonna rock.
- Panicking about my mum going into hospital for an operation. She’s home and recovering now.
- Interviewing Randal Schwartz for Linux Outlaws.
- Fighting the crush to get tickets for our little gang to attend LRL 2009.
- Recovering from jet lag, all done with that now. It’s sooo last week.
- Writing a new song, it’s been a long while but I think this one was worth the wait. I’ll record and release it when I can. I am prepared to reveal the lyrics contain the word “inextricably” which I’m ridiculously proud of.
In the next week or so I will be:
- Going to see Kevin Smith play live in London and spending the weekend there with the wonderful Anna.
- Fixing her friends website in order to pay for my accommodation. I made a deal hehe 😛
- Doing more Linux Outlaws Live on Monday.
- Finally getting into some more distro hopping and writing.
- Hopefully getting to do some music, I’m quite fired up about this now.
- Continuing to organise OggCamp and do all the things that entails. I’m in charge of the crew, or the “Mighty Ogg Camp Army” as I’ve just decided I might call them. I might not though, it’s a bit pretentious.
- No doubt editing and releasing a buttload of audio as usual. Including a new Software Freedom Law Show.
- I’m sure there’s other things that slip my mind now.
Even with bullet points I’ve managed 400 words. That’s the way of life at the moment and it will continue until after OggCamp. I’m really looking forward to it though. It looks like I’ll also be speaking at Lugradio Live. I need to sort out what I’ll do for that. If all else fails I’ll just take my guitar and clear the room that way. They’ll be sorry, muwhahahaha.
I’ll try and post a longer more descriptive update at the weekend, but I’ll be in London and it’s gonna be hectic. I can’t wait to see Kevin Smith in the flesh, I’ve been a fan of his films for about 14 years. He’s a big hero of mine. It’s gonna be good. Thanks for your patience in the last couple of weeks. Stick with me people, I’ll be back at this writing with a vengeance soon I promise. Hope you’re all good too. Look after yourselves. I thought I’d leave you with a little music, this is a song by Guillemots called “Falling Out Of Reach” and I love it. The first few lines seem appropriate to me right now. Enjoy 🙂